‘Presentation of the collection items are delivered in a web friendly view with a suite of must-have reports’
Museum Victoria – Australia’s largest museum organisation, is responsible for looking after the state’s collection of more than 16 million items, conducting research and providing cultural and science programs for the people of Victoria and visitors from Interstate and overseas. As part of its on-going strategic initiatives in the areas of delivering dynamic online content to the community, the Melbourne-based cultural institution required an integrated database solution to manage its digital online collections and its digitisation workflows.
The LookatmeDAM™ solution at Museum Victoria is integrated with Axiell EMu – a collections management database for museums.
Integration between the LookatmeDAM™ DAM with the EMu® catalogue system allows images and associated metadata to be mapped automatically from EMu®. Presentation of the collection items is delivered in a web friendly view via LookatmeDAM™, available for public access and commercialisation. The LookatmeDAM™ DAM allows Museum Victoria also to fulfil its digital asset management function for non-collection assets, such as event and built environment photography.
- Secure web access to selected items for general public users
- Secure web distribution of images to authorised users
- Rich media management of various asset types (e.g. photos, video, audio)
- Complex rights management and risk control of assets
- Workflow management to control the digitisation and copyright clearance process